Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Recipe to Share

No stamping projects yet. I haven't been too creative lately. Stay tuned for that.

Wednesday is my day off so I make a weekly trip to Wal-Mart for groceries. Today I had a plan to pick up a few things for a new chicken enchilada recipe I found in Kraft Food and Family Magazine http://kraftfoods.com/ Thankfully, we had a very cool and rainy today so it was a good day to come home and work in the kitchen without heating up the house (not counting my hot flashes!). I also made some candy to take to a Medical Transcription Week celebration tomorrow. I want to share the enchliada recipe with you, as we loved it and it's definitely a keeper.

Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas

1 small onion, chipped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cooked small chicken breasts, shredded
1 cup thick and chunky salsa, divided (1/3 cup and 2/3 cup)
4 oz (1/2 of an 8 oz pkg) cream cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro*
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup shredded cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese, divided (1/2 and 1/2)
8 flour tortillas

Preheat oven to 350. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese; mix well.
Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13 x 9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Bake 15-20 min. or until heated through.
Makes 4 servings, 2 enchiladas each.
*I did not use cilantro, as we don't like it in our house!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Renee,
Same weather here in Spokane. The muse will return when she wants. No worries. The recipe looks yummy. I'll use cilantro because we love it here!

Joan said...

Yum. We love enchilada anything and this looks great!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm sounds yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe. I love enchiladas.