Sunday, November 9, 2008

November 2008 Stampin Up Workshop

One of these days I'll remember that Blogger doesn't put my photos and scans were I think it's going to. These first 2 photos were uploaded last. After I photographed my Santa bag and Peace card (see below) Clancy jumped up in the chair like it was his turn - so I took a couple of him, too.






Saturday's workshop was a fun one. This card uses one of the new Stampin Up exclusive die cuts - We cut out the word we wanted to use on our card. I don't now which stamp set the saying came from; I think it's in the Holiday Mini. The snowflakes are from Stampin Up and the center of the snowflake uses the Build-A-Brad hardware.




This is the "famous" box in a bag - or bag in a box - I've seen it both ways. These are much easier to do with decorative papers than with regular cardstock, but they certainly are cute this way!


Here's a fun little "punchy" snowman card. The actual card (the white part) is abut 2.5" x 3.5" and the hat is placed on so that the entire thing will fit in an A2 size envelope. The eyes, nose and mouth are all made from various sizes of circle punches. The flowers are made from the SU 3-flower punch (sorry, I don't know the true name). A white gel pen was used to make the flower centers, the faux stitching and the lines on the eyes.


This was our monthly technique. It was made on glossy paper using a couple drops of reinker and an aqua pen filled with rubbing alcohol. Drop 2-3 drops of one color on the glossy paper, then spread it around with your aqua pen. Next, do the same with your second color. If it gets "muddy" looking, use the aqua pen to pick up the color where it's muddy. Let dry, then stamp image with Staz-On. Unfortunately, I pressed a little hard on this one and you can see the outline of where the stamp was punched out.








No comments: